How To Get Rid Candle Air Bubbles?
How Votive Candles are made?
At the beginning the candle makers started by making votive candles. Again, votive candles can be made by using gel wax .
For this project you’ll need:
- Some glass or ceramic votive candle holders – be sure they aresafe .
- When making votive gel candles, it’s better to use High density agel candle because it holds a little more fragrance oil as compared to the medium density candles gel, because it’s prone to bubbles.
- About wicks, there are different types of wicks but the zinc cored wick is better to use for gel candles because they stand up straight and burn well.A 44-24-18z wick is a good place to start for a votive sized candle that’s 2-2.5 inches across. As with any candle, you may need to do some wick testing to find just the right combination of container, wick, wax and scent. You’ll also want to make sure that your wick is primed with gel wax. If you just have standard paraffin-coated wicks, no problem, just re-prime the wick gel candle
- Liquid candle color appropriate for gel candle making if desired.You can use both clear and colored versions of these candles
- Fragrance oil – This wax will hold about 5% fragrance oil by weight. Be sure that you know that the wax has the appropriate polarity for gel candles.
The following are the equipment needed to make the votive candle:
- a heat source, melt pot (you don’t need a double boiler for this project)
- an accurate thermometer
- some chopsticks and
- lots of paper towels.