Are you having problems with lighting beeswax candle?
In order for a beeswax candle to burn, the wick needs to draw melted wax through it. When lighting your candle, apply the flame at the base of the wick so the wax melts and is absorbed into the wick. This is particularly important on pillar beeswax candles with larger diameter wicks.
If you have made several failed attempts to light your candle, you may have burned up the wick until there is only char left. Trim this off and carve a bit of solid wax from the base of the wick. Now apply the flame to the base of the wick. If this still does not work, go out and buy a better burning candle.
Bees wax candle have a whitish film on them, this film is called “beeswax bloom” and is actually a sign that you likely have pure beeswax candles. It is harmless, and does not mean the wax is deteriorating in any way. To remove it on smoothly shaped candles, wipe gently with a soft cloth. I like to use a discarded nylon stocking.
For deeply incised designs or novelty shaped candles, use a hair dryer set on low to medium. Do not aim the dryer too long in one place or you will melt the wax! Keep the dryer moving. This treatment will also refresh the scent of the candle because on the surface it will diminish over time.