How To Get Rid Candle Air Bubbles?
HOW TO MAKE CANDLES BURN LONGER?
There are so many ways to make sure candles burn as long as possible with no any wax going to waste!
- Trim Wicks Regularly:Cutting the candle wick is one of the most effective ways to lengthen a candle’s life. The wick should be no more than 1/4 to 3/4 of an inch long and must be cut each time before the candle is lit. Longer wicks will result in smoke, shed debris, and may not provide a steady oxygen flow to the flame which can lead to excessive flickering and uneven heating.
- Limit Drafts: Should not burn candle drafty windows, fans, or vents. Drafts will cause the flame to flicker, which results in uneven heating and melting rather than a smooth, even melt pool.
- Choose Multi-Wick Candles: Candles which have so many evenly spaced wicks will burn more evenly than large candles with a single wick. This is very true for jar candles, and contrary to popular belief, multi-wick candles will not burn down more quickly – just more evenly so no wax is wasted.
- Choose Appropriate Candle Shapes: Circular candles burn more effectively than irregular shapes because all the wax is an even distance from the wick. Square candles and other shapes may melt unevenly and leave much wax for waste.
- Experiment with Candle Composition: If you are making your own candles or purchasing homemade candles, experiment with different types of wax and different additives to find a blend that burns longest. Soy, paraffin, gel, and beeswax candles all burn at different rates depending on how the individual candles are made.
- Burn Cool Candles: Putting a candle in a refrigerator for about an hour or two before burning will chill the wax and help it burn more slowly, also helping the candle stay longer. Moreover, candles should not be frozen, because doing so could crack the wax which lead the candle unfit to burn.
- Reading Burning Instructions: A lot of candles come with directions on how to make them burn for a long time.It is very important to follow those instructions they will help the candle to burn safely and efficiently.