How To Get Rid Candle Air Bubbles?
Does your candle turn whitish or fade around the top?
- Pigment will clog a candle wick, so candle makers must use dye to color them. Dye is susceptible to the ravages of time, light and chemical reactions.
• Fragrance speeds up the process of fading, so highly fragrant candles have a life span of 6 to 12 months, depending on the scent.
- As gravity pulls the scent suspended in the candle down, the dye moves as well, fading the upper portion of the candle.
• Many fragrances react with dye, even in the dark, causing the candle to turn yellow or gray (blue and red are particularly susceptible).
• If you enjoy fragranced candles, then use and replace them often to avoid deterioration in appearance and performance.