Most Appropriate Ways To Store Candles
The candle wax and fragrance oils we use in our candles are sensitive to both temperature and light, so please be careful when storing candles for an extended period of time. If you store your candle, be sure it is in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or intense light. Keeping it in a dark place like a cupboard or box will protect it from fading and discoloration.
Since our candles can be sensitive to extreme cold and heat, it’s best to store them between 50ºF and 85ºF. And be sure not to leave our candles in your car for an extended period of time (particularly on hot days) as they may melt or discolor. Extreme cold causes cracking and separation, so it’s best to follow our temperature guidelines. After long exposure to the cold, you should allow the candle to return to room temperature for a minimum of 2 hours before burning it to minimize potential damage.
- Handle with care; glass containers are fragile. Avoid glass-to-glass contact when removing or replacing the lid. Do not use if the jar is cracked, chipped or scratched. Do not refill with wax.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar. The jar may become hot. Handle carefully.
- If smoking occurs, check for drafts or high traffic areas, which may cause flame to flicker and smoke. Also, be sure that the wick is no longer than 1/8″. If it is, extinguish, trim to 1/8″, and relight.
- To minimize wax left on the sides of the jar, burn 3 hours at a time; it is normal for some wax to be left. The amount will vary per color, fragrance and burning conditions.
- Prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface by discontinuing use when 1/2″ of wax remains. Only burn in a suitable holder, or on a plate or other fire and heat resistant surface.
- Extinguish carefully before replacing the lid.
- When wax pool reaches the candle’s edge, extinguish flame and allow candle to harden before relighting. This will prevent dripping.
- Discontinue use when 1/2″ of wax remains.
- Never place directly on furniture. Only burn in an appropriate holder.
- To prevent possible dripping: avoid drafts, excessive vibrations or nearby heat sources.
- Candle (hurricane) lamps may cause dripping due to the build up of heat. We suggest using decorative accessories designed to catch dripping wax.
- Be sure tapers are straight, and set them firmly in their holders.
- Trim the taper’s wick to 1/8″ before lighting.