How To Get Rid Candle Air Bubbles?
9 Steps To Make Lantern-like candle Holder
Create a Chinese lantern-like candle holder by decorating a glass jar with red tissue paper and acrylic paint.
- Glass jar
- Red art tissue paper (non-bleeding)
- Black acrylic paint or black permanent marker
- White glue or clear liquid glue
- Paint brush
- Adult supervision is needed when working with glass jars.
- Lighting a candle inside the jar should only be done by an adult.
- Watch out for this sign. It means adult help is needed for the particular step.
- Scout around for squat or round glass jars to recycle into candle holders. Wash and dry them well.
- Tear red art tissue into small pieces
- Dilute one part white glue or clear liquid glue with one part water. Dip a piece of red tissue paper into the glue mixture then stick it onto the glass jar.You can use your finger or a paint brush to smoothen the edges of the tissue.
- Continue gluing on pieces of red tissue, overlapping the pieces along the edges.
- You can let the tissue paper go over the top edge of the jar. Once you have covered the outside surface of the jar with tissue paper, set the jar aside to dry.
- Once dry, trim off the excess tissue along the jar’s top edge.
- Use undiluted black acrylic paint or black permanent marker to make a black border along the jar’s top edge.
- Paint Chinese characters or Chinese-inspired images (e.g. dragon or yin/yang symbol) around the jar using black acrylic paint or you may write with a black permanent marker. As an option, you can lightly sketch the characters prior to painting.
- When the paint has dried, you may try using your Chinese lantern-inspired jar as a candle holder. Only an adult should put and light a tealight candle inside the jar.